Monday, September 04, 2006

Ardnish

Opposite my house is the peninsula of Ardnish, I wanted to explore it and take some photos of the cottage from the other side – with the tide in. To get there I walked west along the Lower Breakish road, at the end of the road there is a path which goes to Waterloo, which has a bridge across the river. On the other side there are lots of possible paths, I followed the inlet back east, damp underfoot – we’ve had a fair bit of rain recently, with the tide right in. A few birds around, hooded crows, heron, ducks, geese… must improve my identification skills.

One of the bays on the peninsula has lots of fossils, I saw a couple embedded in the rocks.

On the north side of the inlet, lots of seals lay on rocks, just out to sea. Looked like there were both baby seals and adults. Found a good path along the top of the peninsula but left it to walk around the coast. Great views to the Red Cuillin which seemed to be constantly in a shower cloud.

Seaweed

Spotted this clump of seaweed, thought that the colour was absolutely gorgeous.

No comments: